Designed and manufactured in South Africa, the DX27™ Clamshell Rooftop Tent brings together The Bush Company’s many years of experience in aluminum manufacturing with first hand experience of touring/camping to deliver an innovative yet proven product that sets new benchmarks in quality, practicality and reliability, plus the convenience of setting up/packing down in under 90 seconds.
Whether you are looking for your first roof top tent or upgrading your existing setup, the Clamshell Rooftop Tent DX27 has a number of unique features that will leave you knowing from the outset that you made the right choice. The basic dimensions of the DX27 are listed below, but check out the product description below to see a full list of the features and find out why this is one of the best roof top tent on the market.
- External Length: External Frame 2.25m /7′ 4.6″ (2.32m / 7′ 7″ inc hinges & handles)/ internal (mattress) 2.15m (7′ 0.6″)
- External Width: External 1.4m (4′ 7.1″), 1.45m (4′ 9″) including gas struts, / internal (mattress) 1.3m (4′ 3.6″)
- Height (exterior, closed): 28cm (10.7″) including roof rails and base extrusions
- Max Height (exterior, open): 1.45m (4′ 9″)
- Max Height (interior, headroom open): 1.4m (4′ 7″)
- Internal Mattress: Length 2.13m / 7′, Width 1.28m / 4′ 7″, Depth 70mm / 2.76″
- Weight: Approximately 99kg (218lbs) excluding telescopic ladder
- Standard fitting kit/brackets included with tent – 3 per side
- Fully seam welded lightweight alloy frame with high quality powder coated finish.
- 2m (6′ 6.7″) long cargo rails welded to side of the roof, suitable for attaching accessories or the optional roof load bars .
- Internally reinforced roof load rated to 200Kg (440lbs) when roof closed, gas struts able to open unaided with 50kg (110 lbs) on roof.
- ‘Ezi-Solts’ folded into sides of base and roof for easy attachment of accessories such as awnings, hi-lift jacks, light bars etc.
- Single layer of 310g poly cotton rip stop mold and mildew resistant canvas on body of tent.
- Air vent above rear entrance with midge mesh and zipped canvas flap.
- Easy set up external on piece rainfly covering sides and rear as standard
- All entry points use YKK zips and high quality midge mesh and internal canvas door.
- Internal wired LED light (shines white or amber).
- Electrical socket each with twin USB & CIG Socket plug, mounted to internal roof.
- 12cm (4.7″) of storage space above mattress when tent closed, so plenty of room for bedding, pillow, fishing rods, rifles etc.
- 3 storage pouches on inside of roof, large storage pouch on each side.
- 70mm / 3.2″ thick super high density mattress with removable zipped canvas cover.
- Thermal marine carpet underneath mattress and carpeted internal roof.
- Telescopic 2.6m (8′ 4.3″) aluminum ladder with attachment points at rear and sides, comes with canvas storage bag.
- Two heavy duty 20mm (0.08″ high) aluminum extruded rails with M8 extrusion on sides and base underneath tent for easy mounting.
- 2 Year conditional warranty.
**PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE FREIGHT OR FITTING**