MPPT: Ultra Fast Maximum Power Point Tracking
By constantly monitoring the voltage and current output of your solar (PV) panels, MPPT technology ensures that every drop of available power is rinsed out of your panels, and harvested for storage. The advantage of this is most noticeable when the sky is partially clouded, and light intensity is constantly changing.
Remote Monitoring and Control
Remotely control and monitor the extensive features of your SmartSolar MPPT charger with built-in Bluetooth by pairing it with your smartphone or other device via VictronConnect. If your installation is connected to the internet Victron Remote Management Portal (VRM) provides access to the full power of your MPPT, anytime, anywhere; both services are free to use. For remote installations – even when there is no internet connection or phone signal nearby – you may be able to monitor your MPPT by Bluetooth-pairing with a LoRaWAN (long-range wide area network) device.
1. MOST EFFICIENT POWER TO THE BATTERY
– For Highest efficiency individual components have to be most efficient, combined network has to be most efficient and combined network needs to be seamless high speed for fast response to solar changes.
2. ULTRA FAST MPPT SOLAR CONTROLLER by VICTRON
– Ultra fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) especially in case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra-fast MPPT controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10% compared to slower MPPT controllers.
– Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions, two or more maximum power points may be present on the power-voltage curve. Conventional MPPTs tend to lock to a local MPP, which may not be the optimum MPP. The innovative BlueSolar algorithm will always maximize energy harvest by locking to the optimum MPP.
– Outstanding conversion efficiency means no cooling fan. Maximum efficiency exceeds 98%. The full output current up to 40°C Flexible charge algorithm
– Fully programmable charge algorithm; Most MPPT solar controllers have pre-set values for Lithium batteries. Redarc and other use 14.5V for bulk charging. This means the last 5% or so of charging Lithium will be less efficient and slower than this controller. By setting the bulk charge voltage higher at say 14.6V, the Lithium batteries will be charged to 100% quickly.
– Battery voltage is transmitted by Bluetooth over mesh network. Most solar controllers read the battery voltage at the terminals of the solar charge controller. In many cases this voltage has slight losses. It may be because the solar controller is not close to the battery or natural voltage loss in the cable. As a result, charging efficiency is lost. However, on the Safiery network, the actual Lithium battery voltage is transmitted to the Solar control via the Bluetooth network. The accuracy is 0.01V. It does not matter how far away the solar controller is, though having cabling of significant size is important for efficiency.
– Compensates absorption and float charge voltage for temperature. Most solar controllers don’t read battery temperature. However, on the Safiery network, the actual Lithium battery temperature is transmitted to the Solar control via the Bluetooth network. The accuracy is 0.1C. It does not matter how far away the solar controller
– Real-time data display options on the Safiery network. The solar history for today, yesterday, last week and up to 30 days is visible on your Smartphone. It connects using Bluetooth into the Safiery network.
3. BLUETOOTH NETWORK CONNECTED LITHIUM BATTERIES MAXIMIZE EFFICIENCY
– Lithium 100% Charging Efficient. Most Lithium batteries have 100% charging efficiency. This means if you charge with 100Ah of solar, it will absorb and is capable of discharging the same amount.
– Bluetooth Network Connected. Most Bluetooth Lithium batteries have a single Bluetooth interface to a smartphone app. That gives you information on your phone but you don’t want to be the optimizer of your solar system. Safiery Bluetooth Lithium batteries can connect to the solar controller directly and of course your smartphone. Let the direct Bluetooth connection do the heavy lifting of optimization while you sit back and enjoy leisure time.
– Advanced Charge Acceptance rate. The speed that a Lithium Battery will soak up the solar charging is dependent on the charge acceptance rate of the Lithium battery. The charge acceptance rate is a function of the internal battery resistance: i.e. how well the cells are connected in the battery lowers the resistance and less energy is wasted internally. Safiery Lithium batteries have one of the lowest internal resistance specifications and it is the most crucial factor in our specification with suppliers and quality testing.
Please feel free to get in touch with us if you are unsure as to what Solar Charge Controller will suit your needs.