Designed and manufactured in South Africa, the Bush Company’s Classic – Clamshell Tent is unrivalled in its quality, simplicity and practicality. With a setup/pack down time of under 90 seconds and 75mm high density foam mattress 1.3m wide and 2.15m long, this really is the ultimate in comfort and convenience. Three large doors provide excellent airflow and all have high quality midge mesh and a canvas door. There is 12V power pre-installed, including an LED light in the roof of the tent, and 1.8m extruded roof rails as well as heavy duty extruded rails on the underneath of the tent making fitment to vehicles or canopies incredibly easy.
Roof Top Tent Canvas and Internal Features
The tent itself is made from military spec heavy duty 460g ripstop canvas with triple stitched sealed seams. There are 3 large doors/windows each having high quality midge mesh on the inside and canvas cover on the outside, all secured with high quality YKK zippers and elasticated clips for storage when rolled up. Access to the tent can be from either the driver’s side (if entrance is to rear of vehicle) or to the rear using the telescopic ladder that locks in place and is stored in its own heavy duty canvas bag to ensure no sand or dirt gets in the vehicle or the tent.
There is a rain fly at the rear and on both sides of the tent, which is easily set up using to spring steel bars that are stored inside the tent when not in use. The rain fly ensures that except in driving rain conditions very little rain reaches the main body of the tent helping to eliminate damp on the outside of the walls of the tent when it comes to packing away.
The tent is pre-installed with 12V electrics; there is an LED light attached to the roof of the tent and an Anderson plug on the base of the tent at the foot. You can run a small fan or provide power to charge mobile phone, iPads etc. from inside the tent. Underneath the tent at the hinges end there is another Anderson plug which can be connected to your vehicles 12V power supply.
- Fast set-up and packdown time – less than 90 seconds.
- Outer dimensions: 225cm L, 140cm W, 25cm H
- Fully welded aluminium base frame and roof frame powder coated black.
- Chequer plate 1.5mm floor and roof.
- Internally reinforced roof can take up to 50Kg of additional weight.
- Extruded roof rails 1.8m long on both sides, suitable for M8 bolts.
- Heavy duty gas struts on both sides.
- Internal LED light (White and Yellow) and pre-installed 12V wiring using Anderson plugs underneath and inside the tent.
- Internal height of 124cm when open at head end from top of mattress to roof.
- Heavy duty 460g rip stop canvas.
- Large easy set up rain fly on rear and both sides of tent.
- 750mm super high density foam mattress 130cm W and 215cm L with removable canvas cover.
- 12cm gap inside tent when closed for storing bedding etc.
- Thermal marine carpet underneath mattress and carpeted internal roof
- Heavy duty fly screen mesh on all entry points
- Collapsible aluminium ladder with attachment points at rear and drivers side
- YKK zippers used on fly screens and canvas door openings
- Internal storage pockets on roof and also on sides.
- Telescopic ladder in separate canvas bag, can extend up to 2.5m.
- 2 Year Warranty on structure, canvas and fittings.
- Four extruded rails underneath tent running cross ways for easy fitment to vehicles. The extrusions are 50mm wide and are 398mm apart with the distance from the end of the tent to the first extrusion being 423mm.
There are a range of brackets available for fitment of accessories including:
- Awning brackets for mounting awnings directly to the sides of the tent.
- Solar Panel Brackets for mounting solar panels to the roof of the tent.
- Fan Bracket to mount a Sirocco fan to internal roof.
- Universal Roof Load Bars to attach to the roof rails on the tent.
- MAXTRAX Load Bar Bracket for mounting up to 4 recovery tracks on the roof