TX27 MAX Hardshell Rooftop Tent – Overview
The double action roof and 1.6m / 5’2.9″ width makes the TX27 MAX feel massive inside, plus there is is 1.35m / 4’5.2″ internal roof height throughout the length of the tent. Get a great night’s sleep on the 80mm / 3.15″ thick mattress which is double layered with super high and medium density foam, enclosed in a breathable and removable canvas cover. Plus, with 190mm / 7.5″ of space inside the tent when closed you can leave all of your bedding and more inside the tent when you pack up.
Like the walls of the tent that are double skinned with 310gsm (+/-10%) canvas, the 3 large entrance points at the front and sides of the tent, and all the windows have an inner & outer canvas cover with a midge mesh screen in between. All the entrances and windows have high quality YKK zippers.
The electrical package provides a 12V Cig socket outlet and twin USB sockets mounted on both sides of the tent as well as a moveable tri-colour rechargeable LED light. The connection to your vehicles power is via 50AMP Andersen plug mounted beneath the tent on the left side.
With the TX27 MAX Hardshell Rooftop Tent there is no need to compromise losing your roof loading space, the tent roof can hold up to 75Kg / 165lbs in the closed position and will still fully open and remain open with up to 35Kg / 77lbs mounted on the roof. There are high profile automotive rubber weather seals around both the lower and upper lids of the tent, preventing dust and water ingress when closed.
The TX27 MAX itself weighs 133Kg / 293lbs and is ideally suited to larger vehicles, camper trailers or toy haulers.
All this and still the convenience of set up/packing down in 90 seconds, the TX27 MAX Hardshell Rooftop Tent brings together The Bush Company’s many years of experience in aluminium fabrication and first-hand experience in touring/camping. The TX27 MAX is ideally suited to camper trailers, larger truck or toy haulers.
TX27 MAX Hardshell Rooftop Tent – Product Specifications
- Extruded aluminium frame, stainless steel fittings
- External Length: External Frame 2.25m /7′ 4.6″ (2.32m / 7′ 7″ inc hinges & handles)
- External Width: External 1.6m (5′ 2.9″), 1.69m (5′ 6.5″) including gas struts
- Height (exterior, closed): 348mm (1’1.7″) including roof rails and base extrusions
- Max Height (exterior, open): Front 1.49m (4′ 10.7″), Rear 1.29m (4’2.8″)
- Max Height (interior, headroom open): Front 1.42m (4′ 8.3″), Rear 1.28m (4’2.4″)
- Mattress: Length 2.13m / 7′, Width 1.45m / 4′ 9″, Depth 80mm / 3.15″
- Weight: Approximately 133Kg / 293lbs, including 9K for mattress & underlay, excluding telescopic ladder
- Internal storage when closed (above mattress) 190mm / 7’5″
- Two layers of 310g (+/- 10%) polyester rip stop acrylic infused mould and mildew resistant canvas on body of tent.
- Removable rainfly at front and sides of the tent with heavy duty 8mm spring steel poles
- Fixed rainfly over rear window of tent with heavy duty 8mm spring steel poles
- Fully seam welded lightweight alloy frame with high quality powder coated finish.
- 2m (6′ 6.7″) long cargo rails welded to the top of the roof, suitable for attaching accessories or roof load bars, centre to centre distance of the rails is 1390mm / 4’6.7″.
- Internally reinforced roof, load rated to 75Kg (165lbs) when closed, or 35kg (77lbs) when open.
- ‘Ezi-Slots’ extruded into the sides of base and top frame for easy attachment of accessories such as awnings, hi-lift jacks, light bars etc.
- All layers at entry points & windows use YKK zippers, external canvas storm door, high quality midge mesh and internal canvas door.
- Internal movable, rechargeable powered LED light (shines white, yellow or red).
- Two sets of electrical sockets each with twin USB, CIG Socket plug, mounted to sides of the tent alongside mattress.
- External 50 amp Anderson plug mounted to underside of tent for connection to vehicles power.
- 190mm / 7.5″ of storage space above mattress when tent closed.
- Mattress is 80mm / 3.15″ thick, split half super high density and half medium density with removable zipped cover.
- Thermal marine carpet underneath mattress and carpeted internal roof liner.
- Telescopic 2.6m (8′ 4.3″) ladder supplied in storage bag with attachment points at rear and sides of tent.